Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My Gold Coast Marathon 2013 Preparation (Part 2)

Note:

If you are keen and have queries, please contact Coach Rameshon at 9100 4369 or you can email him at m.rameshon@gmail.com or swift.rameshon@gmail.com. Please refer to website http://flexifitness.com.sg (for more information on him and his programmes)

By Murugiah Rameshon
Bsc (Hons) Degree in Physical Education, Loughborough University (1992-1994)

Masters in Education (University of Western Australia, 2005-2008)

Gold Coast Marathon 2013 - Just less than 100 days away.

Conditioning is the key and not getting injury is my codeword

Ashley Liew - Good news for Flexifitness 
Ashley Liew has finally been given to be one of the seeded runners for Gold Coast Marathon 2013. 

This good news came a few days back and I thought that it would good to share this news here in my blogpost. The reason for the organisers to give Ashley this privilege is because of the fact that he was top 20 position overall for men open category last year. Currently, Ashley has been conditioning well in the US and is looking for some races to get some experience. 

I am hoping that besides the Gold Coast marathon he could run another overseas marathon in one year. Only time will tell if this is possible.

How is my training going on?
A few days back, I did 400m x 10 with a friend, going at a pace of 2min on average per lap and having a rest of 1min for recovery. For the last lap, I did 1min 45sec. I was very tired after that. On Tuesday, last week, 2nd April, I did 400m x 15, with a minute rest in between for recovery. It was quite tiring and somehow I managed it and did the last round in 1min 35sec. On Friday, 5th April, I did 600m x 6 hills focusing myself to run down than running upwards in 3min 30sec for recovery, going easy on the uphill with no target time at all. I could feel that it was tough going uphill. However, by not pushing and going 75% effort, I enjoyed my run training. 

Today, I did 400m x 20, with a minute rest in between reps with a time of 2min 00sec. For the last rep, I did a time of 1hr 25min. For today's night training, I did my sprint drills so that I could run with some speed for the Gold Coast Marathon 2013. I hope to increase my mileage for the upcoming week. This is all I hope for now. Thanks for reading. A week from now, I will write on my next training diary in order to aim for a sub 3hr marathon.

www.runningcoachsg.com


Note:

By Narayanan

Rameshon has taught in Hwa Chong Institution, plus several schools, and Republic Polytechnic as well. He has won many accolades and he was awarded Merit Award for 1991 marathon performance in breaking the national record of Singapore, at that time. He has made 22 male athletes do a marathon in sub-3hrs. He has made 7 female runners do sub-4 hours for the marathon, as well. He was inducted to the ‘Roll of Honour’  by the then College of Physical Education, organised by Singapore Olympic Academy, in 1998, for breaking the National record repeatedly 4 times, till he did 2hr 24min 22sec).

He also has a Coaching group and he trains them on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7pm at Botanic Gardens. Those interested can call him at 91004369 for coaching assistance, to improve performance. There is also personal training that he does for many in a week. You can e-mail him at swift.rameshon@gmail.com.