Saturday, April 20, 2013

My Gold Coast Marathon Preparation 2013 (Part 3)

Note:

If you are keen and have queries, please contact Coach Rameshon at 9100 4369 or you can email him at m.rameshon@gmail.com or swift.rameshon@gmail.com. Please refer to website http://flexifitness.com.sg (for more information on him and his programmes)

By Rameshon
Bsc (Hons) Degree in Physical Education, Loughborough University (1992-1994)
Masters in Education (University of Western Australia, 2005-2008)

Gold Coast Marathon Preparation 2013- Aiming for sub-3hr


This week there was temptation in me to push hard, however, I did not listen to these promptings, and kept to 30km per week training for now, as I am already more than 40 years of age, reaching 50 soon. On Tuesday again I did 400m x 20, aiming for just 2min 00sec pace all the way until the last 400m where I did 1min 27sec. I could have done a 1min 15sec but decided not to push too hard for the session. 

In the evening, I did a  moderate 1km run. On the same day, I was doing short sprints for 20metres with a 20m for recovery. I decided to miss the hill workout for this week. I was happy with the 30km mileage week. 

This morning, Sat, that is today, at 8 30am I did 1km moderate run, plus 100m x 10, with 23 to 25sec pace. In the afternoon I decided to do a steady run for 2.4km and did 9min 17sec. This is my first time trial for the year. I was careful not to get myself injured.

I will not increase my mileage until I am well-conditioned and fit enough to move to May and June month in my next phase of training. I don't think that I will be very fit before I reach early May, but I will be quite fit then.  

Looks like for fitness, I will be moving to be a fit athlete by end May and become more fit by late June.   



Note:

By Narayanan

Rameshon has taught in Hwa Chong Institution, plus several schools, and Republic Polytechnic as well. He has won many accolades and he was awarded Merit Award for 1991 marathon performance in breaking the national record of Singapore, at that time. He has made 22 male athletes do a marathon in sub-3hrs. He has made 7 female runners do sub-4 hours for the marathon, as well. He was inducted to the ‘Roll of Honour’  by the then College of Physical Education, organised by Singapore Olympic Academy, in 1998, for breaking the National record repeatedly 4 times, till he did 2hr 24min 22sec).

He also has a Coaching group and he trains them on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7pm at Botanic Gardens. Those interested can call him at 91004369 for coaching assistance, to improve performance. There is also personal training that he does for many in a week. You can e-mail him at swift.rameshon@gmail.com.