By Marcel Sng
I am happy to hear that finally Lim Thow Wee has done a 18min 16sec for the 5km time-trial. In time to come, I believe that he is going to do a sub - 18min soon. Coach Rameshon told me that once he does this, the next step for Thow Wee is to do a sub - 17min, hopefully by this year.
As for me, I asked Coach what to aim for in my 2.4km test, before I serve NS. He told me a sub-8min is possible. I was amazed with this answer and have started training harder now. My personal best for 2.4km was 8min 22sec, 4 years ago. I managed that in 4 months of training with Coach Rameshon. Prior to that, I was a non-runner.
I remember Coach Rameshon's passion in running when he was training me. In the past, I was trained by Coach Rameshon and ended up as the only finalist from my school, St Andrews Sec, for the National Schools Track and Field Championships in the 2000m steeplechase.
Many have improved tremendously under Coach Rameshon and I have seen this myself, for serious as well as for casual runners as well. I am hoping to work with him in the long run in this, besides doing my academic studies.
Here, I have collated the results of Flexifitness athletes who have done well. Our Flexifitness athletes travel worldwide to participate in races. Coach Rameshon travels with them to assist them to give moral support to these athletes when he is free.
Flexifitness track records are listed below. I will soon be collating on the personal best times of Marathon of our runners and profile them in this website and blog. I hope that many do not wait in their quest to do a personal best time.
SAA Cross Country 2014
(1) Lim Thow Wee 18min 38sec, (Personal Best Time)
(2) Jensen 18min 46sec
(3) Coach Rameshon 18min 56sec, 6th position in Men Veteran. (Season Best)
(4) Sophia 20min 16sec, (1st in Women Open)
(5) Mari - Champion in Women under 14 (Fastest rst in Wings Cross -Country,
(6) Brian - 3rd in boys under 14.
Wings Cross Country 2014
1st in Wings Cross-Country 2014, for under 14 girls.
Zoo Run 2014
(1) Selvanther 2nd overall in net time for Zoo Run for under 14 boys
(2) Coach Rameshon - 48min 08sec
(4) Coach Tan Eng Howe - 54min 59sec.
Tokyo Marathon 2014
(1) Leong Hong Yew - 3hr 35min 25sec (Personal Best Time) Men Veteran
London Marathon 2014
(1) Desmond Soh -- 3hr 39min (Personal Best) Men Veteran
Paris Marathon 2014
(1) Lim Thow Wee - Marathon (Men Open) 2hr 48min 49sec - Personal Best
(2) Jennifer Quek - Marathon (Women Open) 3hr 53sec
Flexifitness 2.4km Time Trial
(1) Lim Thow Wee - 7min 48sec (Personal Best)
(2) Coach Rameshon - 7min 56sec
(3) Vijay - 7min 57sec (Personal Best)
(4) Benjamin Fan - 7min 57sec (Personal Best)
(5) Ali - 8min 30sec
(6) Ms Rajendran - 09min 09sec (Personal Best), Women Open
NTUC Income 350 Run
(1) BK Pradeep - 10km - 56min 32sec (Personal Best Time)
Copenhagen Marathon 2014
(1) Tarandeep Kaur - 3hr 52min
(2) Shireena Woon - 4hr 10min
TAKE FLIGHT 5KM RUN 2014
(1) Ashley Liew - 1st position - 17MIN 02SEC
Stockholm Marathon 2014
Dr Benny Goh - , 2hr 57min 52sec (Season Best)
Cold Storage Run 2014
Adit - 4th overall for Kids between 7 and 8 years of age, 800m
Pocari Sweat Run 2014
Berlinda - 1hr 11min (3min improvement, personal best time)
MR 25 Half-Marathon (Team) - Overall Flexifitness 4th in Men Open Team
Lim Thow Wee and Colin Chua enabled Flexifitness to come in 4th overall.
Gold Coast Half-Marathon 2014 (07/07/2014)
(1) Colin Chua - 1hr 24min 24sec ( 1min improvement , Personal Best Time)
(2) Kariel - 1hr 57min 37sec (17min improvement, Personal Best Time)
Red, White and Blue 5kim Run 2014 (6th/07/2014)
(1) Ashley Liew (champion for age between 25 and 29) - 16min 18sec
Flexifitness 5km Time Trial 2014 (Only those who have done pb will be mentioned)
(1) Lim Thow Wee - 18min 16sec (Personal Best Time)
(2) Benjamin Fan - 18min 57sec (Personal Best Time)
(2) Nathan - 19min 15sec (Personal Best Time)
(3) Kenny - 19min 40sec (Personal Best Time)
(4) Desmond - 21m 45sec (season best)
(5) Le Nguan - 22min 17sec (season best)
(6) Yoga - 21min 52sec (Personal Best Time)
(7) Szerk - 22min 29sec (Personal Best Time)
(8) Chin Peng - 24m 45sec (Personal Best Time)
(9) Jennifer - 25min 40sec (Personal Best Time)
(4) Mari - 22min 40sec, women open (Personal Best Time)