Monday, September 8, 2014

My ranking of Vegetarian and non-Vegetarian Shops that I like

Note:

If you are keen and have queries, please contact Coach Rameshon at 9100 4369 or you can email him at m.rameshon@gmail.com or swift.rameshon@gmail.com. Please refer to website http://flexifitness.com.sg (for more information on him and his programmes)

By Rameshon
Bsc (Hons) Degree in Physical Education, Loughborough University (1992-1994)
Masters in Education (University of Western Australia, 2005-2008)

Vegan and Vegetarian Shops - Good to know them.

Note: I will be reviewing this ranking accordingly over time.  

Firstly, I am a vegetarian. There are shops that are vegetarian and some shops are mixed, non-for commercial reasons, I guess. In mixed shops, you can find vegetarian and non-vegetarian food. Vegan food is hard to get and it is not easy. Nevertheless, vegans exist. 

Food is important in our life as it is from here that we get our energy. Food forms one of the four sources of energy. 

An important component in eating is to consume what is good for us and not make our body unhealthy through eating non-nutritious food. 

When I was training seriously, in the past, when I broke the national marathon record, I took 90% nutritious food and 10%non- nutritious food. Nutritious food is usually not that tasty and non-nutritious food and is usually tasty and fattier in terms of composition. 

We are supposed to take food as medicine. This will keep us away from disease. When we fall sick, we take sour or not tasty food etc. to recover back to a healthier state of condition, physically. 

When we take food, the thoughts that go through our mind is also very important. It is good to have good positive thoughts. 

The environment should be calm and peaceful. The digestion, I perceive, will be better. There are three shops that I have identified three shops that not only serve food but also provide a very nice environment. The service is very good and customers are everything for them. 

They are Loving Hut, Gokul and Madras Woodlands. I shall write on Loving Hut before I write on other shops that are ranked from number 1 to 10th. 

Loving Hut is warm and very good in providing good service and I rank them as 1st in my list.

I shall go one by one in explaining why I chose the shop according to my ranking. I have other shops that I would like to inform the public of its existence so that one could consider the shop by knowing the fact before going there. 

Details will be given later on on this. As food is one of the most important topics and to choose food properly, I have decided to write this blog post. 

But remember, this is my perception only.

Ranking - 1st to 10th

Gokul Vegetarian -  Pure vegetarian shop
Madras Woodlands -  Pure vegetarian shop
Nature Vegetarian -  Pure vegetarian shop
Annalakshmi -  Pure vegetarian shop
Komalas -  Pure vegetarian shop
Brindas - Vegetarian and Non-vegetarian shop
Komala Vilas -  Pure vegetarian shop
Ananda Bhavan-  Pure vegetarian shop
Mr Prata -  Vegetarian and Non-vegetarian shop



Note:

By Narayanan

Rameshon has taught in Hwa Chong Institution, plus several schools, and Republic Polytechnic as well. He has won many accolades and he was awarded Merit Award for 1991 marathon performance in breaking the national record of Singapore, at that time. He has made 22 male athletes do a marathon in sub-3hrs. He has made 7 female runners do sub-4 hours for the marathon, as well. He was inducted to the ‘Roll of Honour’  by the then College of Physical Education, organised by Singapore Olympic Academy, in 1998, for breaking the National record repeatedly 4 times, till he did 2hr 24min 22sec).


He also has a Coaching group and he trains them on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7pm at Botanic Gardens. Those interested can call him at 91004369 for coaching assistance, to improve performance. There is also personal training that he does for many in a week. You can e-mail him at swift.rameshon@gmail.com.