Saturday, September 13, 2014

All the best to those running in the POSB Race 2014

Note:

If you are keen and have queries, please contact Coach Rameshon at 9100 4369 or you can email him at m.rameshon@gmail.com or swift.rameshon@gmail.com. Please refer to website http://flexifitness.com.sg (for more information on him and his programmes)

By Rameshon
Bsc (Hons) Degree in Physical Education, Loughborough University (1992-1994)
Masters in Education (University of Western Australia, 2005-2008)

POSB Race - Good Charity Race to Run. 


Picture 1 - (left to right) POSB Run 2011, in the past - the first-time Flexifitness joining POSB Run

After 4 years, soccer player, Yogaraj and hockey player Divya are still running 

We took part in the POSB race in the past and this is the fourth year in the running for us. It is good that it is a charity race. Although I did not train that much for this year's race, which will be held tomorrow, I told myself to just support this race again. Last year, I came in sixth in the men open race. The top 5 of the top 10 runners were all from Flexifitness and it was one of the happiest days in my life. 

As for myself, this year as a whole, it took me some time to enable 8 runners in Singapore to do a sub-19min for 5km. It took some of my energy away from me. My training went down to a minimal level. However, in the end, I am satisfied with this achievement. I believe that there is more to come as I can see that some have great talents in our group. 

At the other end of my coaching, this year, while doing my personal training today, at a park around the east area of Singapore, I was happy to see that two of professional working class people who were only used to walking were able to run all the way for 8km run with some rest in between. repetitions. 

Tomorrow morning we will be having a total of 46 runners from Flexifitness runners taking part in the POSB Race. 

I am hoping that for every 4/5 of our Flexifitness runners are able to obtain their personal best times tomorrow. 

Please pray that it does not rain in the morning. 

All the best to all those participating in the POSB Race.

All the best to all Flexifitness Runners!



Note:

By Narayanan

Rameshon has taught in Hwa Chong Institution, plus several schools, and Republic Polytechnic as well. He has won many accolades and he was awarded Merit Award for 1991 marathon performance in breaking the national record of Singapore, at that time. He has made 22 male athletes do a marathon in sub-3hrs. He has made 7 female runners do sub-4 hours for the marathon, as well. He was inducted to the ‘Roll of Honour’  by the then College of Physical Education, organised by Singapore Olympic Academy, in 1998, for breaking the National record repeatedly 4 times, till he did 2hr 24min 22sec).

He also has a Coaching group and he trains them on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7pm at Botanic Gardens. Those interested can call him at 91004369 for coaching assistance, to improve performance. There is also personal training that he does for many in a week. You can e-mail him at swift.rameshon@gmail.com.