Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pramod Kukanur - Person Initiating This Blog (Part 2)

Note:

If you are keen and have queries, please contact Coach Rameshon at 9100 4369 or you can email him at m.rameshon@gmail.com or swift.rameshon@gmail.com. Please refer to website http://flexifitness.com.sg (for more information on him and his programmes)


Pramod Kukanur - Exercise is My Hobby

I spoke to Rameshon that I am leaving Singapore today, at mid-day. My wife is here as well. I have told Rameshon to definitely come down to India to my place during future holidays. 

I have shared with people on my past and what I did to reduce my weight from 86kg to 75kg. I hope that many can benefit from my experience. 

I remember that, in the past, I used to eat late. I was told by Rameshon that by eating late our metabolism will slow down and we can, over time, become overweight. In fact, in the past, I used to sleep very late. Rameshon told me that studies and research have shown that by sleeping late our metabolism will slow down a lot and we will gain weight significantly over time. He told me an old adage, "Early to rise and early to sleep will make one healthy, wealthy and wise."  

He also told me that a lot of difference to a sportsman. No matter how hard a person train, the sportsman is definitely not going to do well in running, when he or she is advancing in timing for a particularly long-distance race.

As a vegetarian, I have no preference for Chinese, Indian or Western food. I was suggested to some food that was sold in the Chinese Vegetarian and I enjoyed those food here. It is near Hoy Fatt Road. There were altogether 3 shops but now there are only two. I saw a variety of food in the Chinese vegetarian shop and chose to take soupy stuff and vegetable items. Even as a vegetarian, I knew that some Chinese and Indian vegetarian shops sell food that has a lot of oil in it. I was careful with this.

It is because of avoiding late-night food that I dropped in my weight and now I am back to normal. I hope that all expatriates here are careful with food. Fast foods are usually not good for the body and we have to be careful of it. 

Lastly, I would like those expatriates working here all the best and be healthy and happy while you are working here. 

Pramod Kukanur 
Hubli, India.


Note:

By Narayanan
Rameshon has taught in Hwa Chong Institution, plus several schools, and Republic Polytechnic as well. He has won many accolades and he was awarded Merit Award for 1991 marathon performance in breaking the national record of Singapore, at that time. He has made 22 male athletes do a marathon in sub-3hrs. He has made 7 female runners do sub-4 hours for the marathon, as well. He was inducted to the ‘Roll of Honour’  by the then College of Physical Education, organised by Singapore Olympic Academy, in 1998, for breaking the National record repeatedly 4 times, till he did 2hr 24min 22sec).

He also has a Coaching group and he trains them on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7pm at Botanic Gardens. Those interested can call him at 91004369 for coaching assistance, to improve performance. There is also personal training that he does for many in a week. You can e-mail him at swift.rameshon@gmail.com.