Friday, September 13, 2013

POSB Run 2013 - My 10km time was 40min 48sec

Note:

If you are keen and have queries, please contact Coach Rameshon at 9100 4369 or you can email him at m.rameshon@gmail.com or swift.rameshon@gmail.com. Please refer to website http://flexifitness.com.sg (for more information on him and his programmes)

By Rameshon
Bsc (Hons) Degree in Physical Education, Loughborough University (1992-1994)
Masters in Education (University of Western Australia, 2005-2008)

POSB Run 2013

The mascot of POSB RUN 2013




Firstly, I would like to thank the volunteers for putting so much of their time to organise a race for us. They did a wonderful job of running the race, even when it was raining. It is an appreciation of them that I am posting a photo of them. Without them, this race will not have run. Thanks to them.

Picture 2 - Volunteers very excited to organise the POSB RUN 2013

Having said that, I just want to say that I enjoyed every moment on the day of the run. I was standing about 10metres from the start of the race. In summary, I ran the race in 3min 42sec for the 1st 1km. Several points were marked out very well. It was organised in an excellent manner, with adequate water points. I was with our Team Flexifitness athlete Lim Thow Wee until he at the 2km mark. Subsequently, he started to waft off away from me gradually at each kilometres marking. I was hoping that he will be able to run at a much faster pace and do a much better time.

Throughout the run, I told myself to do a 4min pace since I was feeling excellent. Actually, I was aiming to do a time of 45min as it was faster than my Gold Coast Marathon 2012, where I did my 10km in 46min plus. This POSB Run was my second 10km run if I am not wrong.

Then I told myself to do a time of 42min to 44min at first. Why? It was because I was fearful of this time and I told team Flexifitness athletes Vijayaraj and Marcel Sng that I will follow them. However, from the start of the race, I felt very good and I went for it. I was able to sustain a steady hard pace during the race. I could see Team Flexifitness athlete Jeevaneesh in front of the leading pack. He was running a bit slower at first until he decided to push the pace towards the end of the race. At the 9km mark, my time was 37min. I was going for it and told myself to do a sub-41min and finally, I did it will a 120m sprint finish. The net time was officially 40m 48sec.

Picture 3 - Team Flexifitness after the run

Picture 4 - I was fortunate to do a sub- 41min for the well-organised POSB RUN 2013










Note:

By Narayanan

Rameshon has taught in Hwa Chong Institution, plus several schools, and Republic Polytechnic as well. He has won many accolades and he was awarded Merit Award for 1991 marathon performance in breaking the national record of Singapore, at that time. He has made 22 male athletes do a marathon in sub-3hrs. He has made 7 female runners do sub-4 hours for the marathon, as well. He was inducted to the ‘Roll of Honour’  by the then College of Physical Education, organised by Singapore Olympic Academy, in 1998, for breaking the National record repeatedly 4 times, till he did 2hr 24min 22sec).

He also has a Coaching group and he trains them on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7pm at Botanic Gardens. Those interested can call him at 91004369 for coaching assistance, to improve performance. There is also personal training that he does for many in a week. You can e-mail him at swift.rameshon@gmail.com.