Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hillcrest Christian Annual Sch X-Country C'ships 2011, Australia

Note:

If you are keen and have queries, please contact Coach Rameshon at 9100 4369 or you can email him at m.rameshon@gmail.com or swift.rameshon@gmail.com. Please refer to website http://flexifitness.com.sg (for more information on him and his programmes)

By Rameshon
Bsc (Hons) Degree in Physical Education, Loughborough University (1992-1994)

Masters in Education (University of Western Australia, 2005-2008)

Hillcrest Christian Annual School Cross - Country Championships 2011

Today was Hillcrest Christian Annual School Cross-Country Championships 2011. Two periods were off for the students to run in the race at 1:30pm. Aravind, my nephew, told me in the morning that he was taking part in the 4km race in the boys' race. He also predicted that he is aiming for 4th position. At 4pm plus, Aravind was back and was happy that he came in 4th. I congratulated him for his performance. He also recounted to me that he had to fight hard to get the 4th position. I have asked him for an interview and he answered me.

An Interview With Aravind Thiruselvam - Secondary 3 Student from Hillcrest Christian College

How did you find that race?
I found the race rather difficult as I was competing with people who have been preparing for the race.

How many people participated?
Nearly 600 students participated in the race.

Did you train hard for the race?
To be honest, I did not train much for the race, but I trained 3 times per week, that's all. I think that I will do much better if I had trained more,

Can you tell us the results of the race and details of your performance?
Well, it was a tough fight for the fourth position as I had to fight hard with Jarrod Mcaleese. For our under 14 age group boys race, the first second and third went to Alex Cross, Chris Webber, and Chris Agnew, respectively.

How did your coach feel about the race?
My coach was proud of mine and the team's performance. Mr Dennis congratulated us after the finish of the race for our effort.

What is your next goal?
My next goal is to prepare for the state Cross Country. Based on today's performance, the top 6 runners will be selected to compete in this event, and I will be looking forward to training hard and perform well for this upcoming event.

How did your parents feel about this?
My parents felt very proud of this achievement.


Note:

By Narayanan
Rameshon has taught in Hwa Chong Institution, plus several schools, and Republic Polytechnic as well. He has won many accolades and he was awarded Merit Award for 1991 marathon performance in breaking the national record of Singapore, at that time. He has made 22 male athletes do a marathon in sub-3hrs. He has made 7 female runners do sub-4 hours for the marathon, as well. He was inducted to the ‘Roll of Honour’  by the then College of Physical Education, organised by Singapore Olympic Academy, in 1998, for breaking the National record repeatedly 4 times, till he did 2hr 24min 22sec).


He also has a Coaching group and he trains them on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7pm at Botanic Gardens. Those interested can call him at 91004369 for coaching assistance, to improve performance. There is also personal training that he does for many in a week. You can e-mail him at swift.rameshon@gmail.com.