Monday, June 13, 2011

Back From Holiday at Cameron Highland

Note:

If you are keen and have queries, please contact Coach Rameshon at 9100 4369 or you can email him at m.rameshon@gmail.com or swift.rameshon@gmail.com. Please refer to website http://flexifitness.com.sg (for more information on him and his programmes)

By Rameshon
Bsc (Hons) Degree in Physical Education, Loughborough University (1992-1994)
Masters in Education (University of Western Australia, 2005-2008)

Back from Holiday - Cameron Highland. I am happy to do 8km per day there.

I was very happy that I was able to exercise on Sunday. After my exercise, I put all my belonging in a bag and returned to Singapore.

Throughout the 5 days, I was able to exercise at Cameron. I realised that Cameron is not that cool in the afternoon. My friend told me that the felling of the tree has brought the temperature up by 2 degrees centigrade. At night is was sometimes cooler and sometimes cold.

I was happy to have visited a strawberry farm which was about 30mins from the hotel that I was staying. I saw the fruits at a Malay Kampong and I saw them on a farm. Looks good to see it growing! I bought the strawberry for $6 ringgit. It was cheap as the farm was producing it.

In order to climb, one must go to Oly Apartment and to Camelia Garden to go to Gunung Jasar.

I was told about the Oly Apartment and that we need to go to and my Malaysian friend and I were going in the jungle path for about 30-40min. We were able to see the beautiful Cameron Highland. Later on, I decided to come down from the mountain, as it is written that going to the mountain will take a lot of time.

Picture 1 - Gunung Jasar pathway. 



I went to Parit Waterfall and the place looked quiet. It is easily accessible for anyone to go there. There is a place in Parit Waterfall where one could chat with friends and the place looks cosy and nice. There was greenery everywhere. We can have a panoramic view there at one of the huts made for people.

While going down on the bus, I saw the BOH TEA plantation and Bharat Tea Plantation. It was a nice scenery.

There were temples, churches and mosque in Cameron Highland.


Note:

By Narayanan
Rameshon has taught in Hwa Chong Institution, plus several schools, and Republic Polytechnic as well. He has won many accolades and he was awarded Merit Award for 1991 marathon performance in breaking the national record of Singapore, at that time. He has made 22 male athletes do a marathon in sub-3hrs. He has made 7 female runners do sub-4 hours for the marathon, as well. He was inducted to the ‘Roll of Honour’  by the then College of Physical Education, organised by Singapore Olympic Academy, in 1998, for breaking the National record repeatedly 4 times, till he did 2hr 24min 22sec).

He also has a Coaching group and he trains them on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7pm at Botanic Gardens. Those interested can call him at 91004369 for coaching assistance, to improve performance. There is also personal training that he does for many in a week. You can e-mail him at swift.rameshon@gmail.com.