Thursday, February 28, 2013

Bobby Ng's Massive Weight Loss of 20 pounds in 2 months

Note:

If you are keen and have queries, please contact Coach Rameshon at 9100 4369 or you can email him at m.rameshon@gmail.com or swift.rameshon@gmail.com. Please refer to website http://flexifitness.com.sg (for more information on him and his programmes)

By Rameshon
Bsc (Hons) Degree in Physical Education, Loughborough University (1992-1994)

Masters in Education (University of Western Australia, 2005-2008)

Bobby Ng - Waiting is not an option. Next aim is 4min 30sec from his PB of 5hr 30min in Kaoshiung Marathon on 24th Feb 2013.

Picture 1 - Bobby Ng (second from right) with his Univ Friends


Bobby Ng's rain or shine training mentality and committed training made him to not only move his time from 7hr 29min to 5hr 30min but also to bring his weight from 102kg to 92.3kg. Earlier he told me that his weight was 93.5kg. Currently, his weight is 92.3kg. He confirmed this with me today. 

In the past, when I saw him, I saw this massive size of a person of 102kg and I was wondering how on earth this person is going to lose weight. However, due to his iron determination, Bobby brought his weight in 2months. Earlier on, I told him that it is advisable to bring the weight down by 1kg per month. I also told him to have a long term curve and not to drop in weight soon and then gain weight later on. He was cooperative with this advice. He was also a person who was ready to follow my advice word for word to the point that I had problems. I had to tell Bobby to be flexible when it comes to weight loss. He was told not to be too strict with his diet.

I have the second part of his weight loss interview done here which I would like to share with all my blog readers. 

Picture 1 - Bobby Ng with his friend Nathan Chen after Kaosiung Marathon 2013



An Interview With Bobby Ng. 

Did you think that your weight will go down in time?
Yes, but not the way it had taken place like this to see myself down by 20pounds down. 

Are you happy with this?
I am happy but I also know that there is room for improvement. 

What is the weight that you are aiming for?
I am aiming to be 80kg in weight. 

Do you think that this is possible?
I believe so and I am aiming to do it by December 2013. 

Weight loss or Marathon time, which one are you interested to do better?
It is actually the marathon time, weight was not really my agenda. However, I have benefited in this way by training for the marathon and have lost a big chunk of weight. 

How did you do it?
After advice from coach, I decided to watch what I eat. 

What made you go for losing weight as one of your main goals?
During reservist time, I saw many who came for it were overweight and there were people with a tummy. I came to a decision to lose weight finally. It was not an option to be overweight throughout life. 
W
Is there any other way that it has helped to reduce your weight?
I think more than the food, the Tuesday and Thursday night training sessions ensured that I lose weight significantly. I did not know that it will be this fast. 

What is your advice for people out there?
Believe in yourself and do not have doubts. Self-doubt is the greatest enemy. Do not wait! You can lose years by waiting and achieve less. It is fortunate that I did not wait. In the past, I could not think of sub-5hr for a marathon. Now, it is a breeze.

www.runningcoachsg.com


Note:

By Narayanan

Rameshon has taught in Hwa Chong Institution, plus several schools, and Republic Polytechnic as well. He has won many accolades and he was awarded Merit Award for 1991 marathon performance in breaking the national record of Singapore, at that time. He has made 22 male athletes do a marathon in sub-3hrs. He has made 7 female runners do sub-4 hours for the marathon, as well. He was inducted to the ‘Roll of Honour’  by the then College of Physical Education, organised by Singapore Olympic Academy, in 1998, for breaking the National record repeatedly 4 times, till he did 2hr 24min 22sec).

He also has a Coaching group and he trains them on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7pm at Botanic Gardens. Those interested can call him at 91004369 for coaching assistance, to improve performance. There is also personal training that he does for many in a week. You can e-mail him at swift.rameshon@gmail.com.