Sunday, February 17, 2013

Zoo Run - Avinash runs first 12km race

Note:


If you are keen and have queries, please contact Coach Rameshon at 9100 4369 or you can email him at m.rameshon@gmail.com or swift.rameshon@gmail.com. Please refer to website http://flexifitness.com.sg (for more information on him and his programmes)

By Marcel Sng 

Avinash - 49min 47sec in 12km race.

A number of people came to run in the Zoo Run. There were 2.8km race, 6km race and 12km race as well. 

(Picture - Courtesy of Tan Eng Howe, Montage Studios)

A number of athletes from Flexifitness did very well in the race. We will discuss the runners who have done well in the coming blogpost to motivate people to run.

One of them who did well is a runner by the name of Avinash. 

Avinash, 15, ran the Zoo Run 10km today and did 49min 47sec. 

His parents also came to see the race. They were very happy to see their son doing his first 12km race and that he came in first in the second wave race. I told Avinash that I would like to interview him. He was glad to do this.

How was the run?
I was running my first race. I am happy that I could do 49min 47sec.

Did you expect it?
Frankly speaking, I was not expecting this. I had stitch and it made me stop for a minute. Hence, I believe that I am now capable of doing 40min for the race.

Why was this so?
I was hoping to do a 1hr 00min to 1hr 02min. It turned out that I could do a 49min 47sec. 

What was your aim then?
To do a 1hr and come in first in the second wave run. The second wave group, as I know were not that fast. 

Anything that had motivated you in this race?
Yes, I was overtaking a number of runners in the race from the first wave runners. Many Flexifitness runners, who are my friends, the presence made me feel fantastic just before the race. I felt very good to see them motivating me. 

What is your next target?
To do a sub-40min for my next 10km race.

www.runningcoachsg.com


Note:

By Narayanan

Rameshon has taught in Hwa Chong Institution, plus several schools, and Republic Polytechnic as well. He has won many accolades and he was awarded Merit Award for 1991 marathon performance in breaking the national record of Singapore, at that time. He has made 22 male athletes do a marathon in sub-3hrs. He has made 7 female runners do sub-4 hours for the marathon, as well. He was inducted to the ‘Roll of Honour’  by the then College of Physical Education, organised by Singapore Olympic Academy, in 1998, for breaking the National record repeatedly 4 times, till he did 2hr 24min 22sec).

He also has a Coaching group and he trains them on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7pm at Botanic Gardens. Those interested can call him at 91004369 for coaching assistance, to improve performance. There is also personal training that he does for many in a week. You can e-mail him at swift.rameshon@gmail.com.