Saturday, February 23, 2013

Zoo Run - Brinda 2.8km 14min 59sec for Girls U12

Note:

If you are keen and have queries, please contact Coach Rameshon at 9100 4369 or you can email him at m.rameshon@gmail.com or swift.rameshon@gmail.com. Please refer to website http://flexifitness.com.sg (for more information on him and his programmes)

By Marcel Sng

Brinda - In the long run wants to do a sub 11min for 2.4km.

Flexifitness athlete, Brinda, 11 years of age, has taken part in the zoo run when she was 10years of age. She took part this year and did very well in the Zoo Run, improving her time by nearly 50sec for the Zoo Run. I decided to interview her on the success that she had. 

Picture 2- Brinda (second from left of the photo) and Flexifitness friends











 
How do you find the race, as a whole?

I was scared to see many runners lining up in the race. During the race, I found the route simple. Last year, I did about 15min 49sec. 


Are you happy with the time and position?

I am happy, but I believe that I can improve my time further. My position was 13th and a feeling is telling in me that I can improve some more. 


How do you find the organisation of the race?

Overall it was good. However, some of the distance was not clear. There was only the 1km mark. We could not find the markers. The officials did not know how much was left when we asked them. 


Were you able to see the animals when you were running?

Yes, I was able to see tigers, orangutan and zebras. 


How do you find the route?

It was the course which had some up down, I feel that the last part of the finish should be a flat course at the finish. 


What is your next goal?
I would like to do a 2.4km time of 11min 30sec before doing 11min. 

www.runningcoachsg.com


Note:

By Narayanan

Rameshon has taught in Hwa Chong Institution, plus several schools, and Republic Polytechnic as well. He has won many accolades and he was awarded Merit Award for 1991 marathon performance in breaking the national record of Singapore, at that time. He has made 22 male athletes do a marathon in sub-3hrs. He has made 7 female runners do sub-4 hours for the marathon, as well. He was inducted to the ‘Roll of Honour’  by the then College of Physical Education, organised by Singapore Olympic Academy, in 1998, for breaking the National record repeatedly 4 times, till he did 2hr 24min 22sec).

He also has a Coaching group and he trains them on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7pm at Botanic Gardens. Those interested can call him at 91004369 for coaching assistance, to improve performance. There is also personal training that he does for many in a week. You can e-mail him at swift.rameshon@gmail.com.