Saturday, March 26, 2011

CJC Forecasted to Win Next Year's Nat School Cross-Country 2012

Note:

If you are keen and have queries, please contact Coach Rameshon at 9100 4369 or you can email him at m.rameshon@gmail.com or swift.rameshon@gmail.com. Please refer to website http://flexifitness.com.sg (for more information on him and his programmes)

By Rameshon
Bsc (Hons) Degree in Physical Education, Loughborough University (1992-1994)
Masters in Education (University of Western Australia, 2005-2008)

Jared Hui - Athlete in the Making

Picture 1 - Jared Hui, on the right











We all know the Jared Hui story http://rameshon-m.blogspot.com/2011/02/jared-hui-8min-03sec-24km-with-2-months_10.html. With my two months of training, Jared was able to improve his 2.4km from 9 min 20sec to 8min 03sec. Hence, I have predicted him to be one of those tipped to win the individual champion for next year. From mid-February, he has been training with CJC coach Elaine Lim, Singapore Standard Chartered Marathon 2010, 2nd in local women open marathon race.

In this year's cross-country race, Aldrich was 6th with a time of 15min 35.50sec with Jared Hui coming in 8th with a time of 15min 45.25sec. Both were ranked 1st and 2nd respectively for year one college students competing in the national schools' cross-country championships. Hence, CJC needs only two good athletes, which is a very possible thing, to win the title and the ball seems to be in their court to win.

As Jared has been predicted as a very talented student, with 3 1/2 month training. he has beaten all Hwa Chong students except for Teng Jian Hong and S. Jeevanesh. Hence, the progress he has shown is exponential. With commitment and consistent training, I believe that he will further improve as he has a lot more room left to improve.

Having said that, I would like to introduce this fine young gentleman who can upset many budding talents in long-distance in future to come if he going to take up running as a lifetime sport. Hence, I will post this interview that I had with him.

An Interview With Jared Hui

How Can you tell us on your training and your improvement between GCE 'O' Levels and now?
I was training on mileage after the GCE 'O' Levels and speed training for about a month before nationals. I was shocked by my improvement at nationals as I’ve never run sub 16 before.

What made you to choose cross-country as compared to other sports?
I wanted to stretch my potential in running and I love to run.

How is your parents support? Can you say something on your sibling and your parents' involvement in sports?
They supported me although I came back late from training sometimes. My sisters played table-tennis for their schools.

How did you enter Catholic High School?
I appealed through cross country.

What time were you expecting for this race?
I was just expecting the top ten.

What were your time and position?
I did 15min 45sec and came in 8th position.

What was your strategy during the race?
To just follow the pace of the top few runners.

How do you feel when you know that you are second to Aldrich Lim, from your own school in Year 1 college category.?
I did not really bother much, as he has much more experience and training than me.

Knowing this, what is your next goal?
I aim to come in top 3 for nationals next year.

How are you coping with your studies and training?
I’m trying to balance both studies and training and its tough.

Any problems you encountered during the race?
The last part 270m I had to overtake some girls who were the last few of the 'A' Division Girls.

Mother of Jared Hui
How do you feel about the race?
I am happy and it is good to hear about his constant improvement.

Appreciation - Thank you, Mr Ram, for training me during the Nov, Jan and Mid-February which gave me the conditioning for cross-country.


http://flexifitness.runningcoachsg.com/our-services/


Note:

By Narayanan

Rameshon has taught in Hwa Chong Institution, plus several schools, and Republic Polytechnic as well. He has won many accolades and he was awarded Merit Award for 1991 marathon performance in breaking the national record of Singapore, at that time. He has made 22 male athletes do a marathon in sub-3hrs. He has made 7 female runners do sub-4 hours for the marathon, as well. He was inducted to the ‘Roll of Honour’  by the then College of Physical Education, organised by Singapore Olympic Academy, in 1998, for breaking the National record repeatedly 4 times, till he did 2hr 24min 22sec).

He also has a Coaching group and he trains them on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7pm at Botanic Gardens. Those interested can call him at 91004369 for coaching assistance, to improve performance. There is also personal training that he does for many in a week. You can e-mail him at swift.rameshon@gmail.com.