Thursday, February 10, 2011

Jared Hui - 8min 03sec, 2.4km, With 2 Months Training. (Part 2)

Note:

If you are keen and have queries, please contact Coach Rameshon at 9100 4369 or you can email him at m.rameshon@gmail.com or swift.rameshon@gmail.com. Please refer to website http://flexifitness.com.sg (for more information on him and his programmes)

By Rameshon
Bsc (Hons) Degree in Physical Education, Loughborough University (1992-1994)
Masters in Education (University of Western Australia, 2005-2008)

An interview with Jared Hui

Picture 1 (on the right) - 2 months training led Jared to do 8min 03sec, from 9min 20sec.











What is your age?
17 this year.

Which primary and secondary school were you from?
St. Hilda's Primary and St. Hilda's Secondary

When did you do 9min 20sec?
One of the time trials in July when I applied through DSA to Hwa Chong.

Why did you have to do the trial?
I had to show that I have the talent/ability for running, as well as to show that I can go to the school I want with the trial timing.

What made you to train hard for running DSA or appeal for your chosen school?
I wanted to achieve my target of going into a good school and to be a top runner.

Any other time-trial that you have done recently.?
With 1 month training, I did 18m 52sec for 5km trial. I was happy with my time for the 5km time trial, given that 1-month training, I improved a lot. I believe that with a longer training period, I can improve even further.

Why did you not run the national cross-country races in the past?
My school did not have a cross-country team or participate in this event, but I participated in the annual cross-country internal school-based event.

Can you tell us about your training to achieve 8min 03sec for the CJC time trial?
I trained after my GCE 'O' Levels with the Hwa Chong Cross-Country team every day except during holiday trips and public holidays, with a rest day per week. I did mileage of about 8-12km per day.

How are your parents support?
My parents fully supported my interest in running.

Now that you have been told that you have a chance to become a champion, what are you going to do about it?
I will train hard and reach my targets, as well as to break my personal bests.


Note:

By Narayanan
Rameshon has taught in Hwa Chong Institution, plus several schools, and Republic Polytechnic as well. He has won many accolades and he was awarded Merit Award for 1991 marathon performance in breaking the national record of Singapore, at that time. He has made 22 male athletes do a marathon in sub-3hrs. He has made 7 female runners do sub-4 hours for the marathon, as well. He was inducted to the ‘Roll of Honour’  by the then College of Physical Education, organised by Singapore Olympic Academy, in 1998, for breaking the National record repeatedly 4 times, till he did 2hr 24min 22sec).


He also has a Coaching group and he trains them on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7pm at Botanic Gardens. Those interested can call him at 91004369 for coaching assistance, to improve performance. There is also personal training that he does for many in a week. You can e-mail him at swift.rameshon@gmail.com.