Tuesday, May 21, 2013

My Gold Coast Marathon Preparation 2013 (Part 8)

Note:

If you are keen and have queries, please contact Coach Rameshon at 9100 4369 or you can email him at m.rameshon@gmail.com or swift.rameshon@gmail.com. Please refer to website http://flexifitness.com.sg (for more information on him and his programmes)

By Rameshon
Bsc (Hons) Degree in Physical Education, Loughborough University (1992-1994)
Masters in Education (University of Western Australia, 2005-2008)

Gold Coast Marathon Training - My first weekly very long run



Ashley Liew and Bobby Ng were concerned about the sensation around my heart area. I did not feel the pain after running with Lim Thow Wee on last Tuesday. I appreciated the kind gesture shown by these people and other kind souls who hoped for me to get better. To these people, I would like to thank them from the bottom of our heart. 

On Wednesday, I decided to do my first circuit training of the season. However, at first, I decided to do a 1km at 4min pace and stop the run. 

I did my circuit training exercises. I remember that the circuit training is one of the ways to run fast. We have done this in Loughborough University of Technology when I was a student there in the past. It made me strong. 

After doing that I felt that my whole body was very tired throughout the week. However, I think that it was very good for me to do it. 

On Thursday, in the morning, the rain made me cancel the training. At 8am I found out from the radio news that about 6 areas had accidents. Fortunately, I did not go out to drive out the running destination and run. Instead, I chose to have a very good rest. I could feel the aching of my body due to the circuit that I had done. 

On Friday, I did about 12 km easy with a 6min per km run. It was so easy and I felt like running more. I decided not to run a lot on the day. On Saturday and Sunday due to the lethargy of my body from the circuit training, I decided to rest on Saturday and Sunday. My plan of running a long run on either of the days was gone as I felt that my body needed a lot of rest. 

On Monday, I went for a 15km walk and 4.4km run/walk training. The total distance covered was about 20km, as I walked 2 rounds at the stadium. 

I felt great and decided to do a long run on Tuesday. Eventually, I did a 30km in 6 min per km pace. It took me about 3hours to do this. 

I am happy to complete this run eventually today. 

www.runningcoachsg.com


Note:

By Narayanan

Rameshon has taught in Hwa Chong Institution, plus several schools, and Republic Polytechnic as well. He has won many accolades and he was awarded Merit Award for 1991 marathon performance in breaking the national record of Singapore, at that time. He has made 22 male athletes do a marathon in sub-3hrs. He has made 7 female runners do sub-4 hours for the marathon, as well. He was inducted to the ‘Roll of Honour’  by the then College of Physical Education, organised by Singapore Olympic Academy, in 1998, for breaking the National record repeatedly 4 times, till he did 2hr 24min 22sec).

He also has a Coaching group and he trains them on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7pm at Botanic Gardens. Those interested can call him at 91004369 for coaching assistance, to improve performance. There is also personal training that he does for many in a week. You can e-mail him at swift.rameshon@gmail.com.