Monday, December 8, 2014

SAA International Association of Athletics Federation Level One Course

Note:

If you are keen and have queries, please contact Coach Rameshon at 9100 4369 or you can email him at m.rameshon@gmail.com or swift.rameshon@gmail.com. Please refer to website http://flexifitness.com.sg (for more information on him and his programmes)

By M.Rameshon
Bsc (Hons) Degree in Physical Education, Loughborough University (1992-1994)

Masters in Education (University of Western Australia, 2005-2008)


The most pleasurable experience of the course was to take a photo with Haile Gebrselassie. Most treasured photo for me, as he passed by me to take photo.



It was a great experience meeting Haile, from Ethiopia, who was my inspiration for breaking the national record from 2hr 29, my own national record to 2hr 28min and finally to 2hr 24min 22sec in Chiangmai SEA Games 1995 in the marathon. As for the SAA IAAF level One course, I have written a summary of it. I hope that you are eager to read it. 

This photo was taken in the year 2008
Finally, I have completed the course. It was 10 sessions of a full-day course. Morales Menon, from SAA, was the one who was organising the course. Morales was a very helpful person in the course. The lecturers during the course were Jana and Joseph. I enjoyed the course conducted by the two lecturers. 

As Joseph is a distance coach in the past, I found that there were some silmilar approaches in our coaching methods. This is just my subjective experience. There were a number of led up approaches that he showed that is important to groom children.

As for Jana, since she is a throwing coach, there were new things that I learnt.

The theory test was an open book test. As I have my own experience, and also the teaching that Jana and Joseph had given, throughout the theory the test, I did not have to look through any of the books for answers. I am thankful for both lecturers for their clear presentation. If there was a need to look at the answers in the book, I would have done that. But I didn't.

I may be sharing other things that has happened during the course. Maybe in the future, I may do it. I have given my feedback on the course to the two lecturers. They were long ones but I believe that the feedback will help.

There are other photos that I would like to share. I shall put it up on a later date. I believe that you will be happy to see the photos.



Note:

By Narayanan
Rameshon has taught in Hwa Chong Institution, plus several schools, and Republic Polytechnic as well. He has won many accolades and he was awarded Merit Award for 1991 marathon performance in breaking the national record of Singapore, at that time. He has made 22 male athletes do a marathon in sub-3hrs. He has made 7 female runners do sub-4 hours for the marathon, as well. He was inducted to the ‘Roll of Honour’  by the then College of Physical Education, organised by Singapore Olympic Academy, in 1998, for breaking the National record repeatedly 4 times, till he did 2hr 24min 22sec).


He also has a Coaching group and he trains them on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7pm at Botanic Gardens. Those interested can call him at 91004369 for coaching assistance, to improve performance. There is also personal training that he does for many in a week. You can e-mail him at swift.rameshon@gmail.com.