Monday, July 1, 2013

Gold Coast Marathon (Part 12) - The last 35km

Note:

If you are keen and have queries, please contact Coach Rameshon at 9100 4369 or you can email him at m.rameshon@gmail.com or swift.rameshon@gmail.com. Please refer to website http://flexifitness.com.sg (for more information on him and his programmes)

By Rameshon
Bsc (Hons) Degree in Physical Education, Loughborough University (1992-1994)
Masters in Education (University of Western Australia, 2005-2008)

Gold Coast Marathon - 35km completed in one run at last yesterday. 

Picture 1 - Coach Rameshon, Lim Thow Wee, Ashley Liew, Norshidah and Ranjit.


Last Thursday, I did my last 28 x 400m run. I still felt that I have not done a 35km before going for the Gold Coast Marathon. Yesterday, I had to muster up my courage and will to finally complete the 35km slow and easy run despite having busy schedule. This is to give me confidence before the race. To top runners, I would advise not to do this as they may have to keep their muscle fresh for the race.

The goal I had was to complete within 4hours and I did it. Hence, I realised that by hook or by crook I should be able to run and complete the run comfortably. 

As my hip flexor is still having some sensation, especially when I am sleeping, I had to cut down on workouts. I am going to run this race as a conditioning race for future upcoming races, hopefully, STANCHART Marathon or Chiengmei Marathon 2013. 

If you ask me, I might want to run in Chiengmei as this place was where the SEA Games was held in 1995 and I did 2hr 24min 22sec. We will see how.

As of now, I can't wait to go to Australia and run in the Gold Coast Marathon 2013. Before the crowd gets even bigger, it is wise for me to run the race there.

 www.runningcoachsg.com If you like our blogpost, please like us in Facebook https://www.facebook.com/flexifitness.runningcoachsg


Note:

By Narayanan
Rameshon has taught in Hwa Chong Institution, plus several schools, and Republic Polytechnic as well. He has won many accolades and he was awarded Merit Award for 1991 marathon performance in breaking the national record of Singapore, at that time. He has made 22 male athletes do a marathon in sub-3hrs. He has made 7 female runners do sub-4 hours for the marathon, as well. He was inducted to the ‘Roll of Honour’  by the then College of Physical Education, organised by Singapore Olympic Academy, in 1998, for breaking the National record repeatedly 4 times, till he did 2hr 24min 22sec).

He also has a Coaching group and he trains them on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7pm at Botanic Gardens. Those interested can call him at 91004369 for coaching assistance, to improve performance. There is also personal training that he does for many in a week. You can e-mail him at swift.rameshon@gmail.com.