Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Meeting Pramod Kukanur - Passion from IT is moving to Sports.

Note:

If you are keen and have queries, please contact Coach Rameshon at 9100 4369 or you can email him at m.rameshon@gmail.com or swift.rameshon@gmail.com. Please refer to website http://flexifitness.com.sg (for more information on him and his programmes)

By Rameshon
Bsc (Hons) Degree in Physical Education, Loughborough University (1992-1994)
Masters in Education (University of Western Australia, 2005-2008)

Pramod Kukanur - 11kg down through an exercise programme and hoping to head Flexifitness in India in future

Pramod Kukanur - Suggesting me to bring Flexifitness to India, run by dedicated coaches there
My wife and I invited Pramod to our house today to commemorate Deepavali, a celebration of good over evil.  We took some photos and decided to work on some projects.

I met Pramod Kukanur, 31, from Bangalore, about 4 years back. He was all along looking for a weight management programme. When he asked me, "Is there a swimming pool nearby?'. I told him that there was. That only told me that this guy is looking for a way to exercise. 

Within some months of training, Pramod finally lost about 11kg of weight. He was very happy about that. With enthusiasm, he told me to write my ideas on a blog. I told him that I do not know how to go about in setting up. Since he was an IT expert, he started a blog for me, almost immediately, and told me to keep writing. Hence,  the advent of this blog became a reality. You can read this story of Pramod in this blog post.http://rameshon-m.blogspot.sg/2011/05/pramod-kukanur-person-initiating-this.html

After so long, Pramod finally met me in Singapore, today. One of his topics was to bring Flexifitness to India. As I have seen the success, he is now inviting me to go to India and start there and set the programme there, but run by other people. I was excited to hear this. I am confident on this as he is an IT expert and he has been on very high profile projects in the IT service. 



Note:

By Narayanan
Rameshon has taught in Hwa Chong Institution, plus several schools, and Republic Polytechnic as well. He has won many accolades and he was awarded Merit Award for 1991 marathon performance in breaking the national record of Singapore, at that time. He has made 22 male athletes do a marathon in sub-3hrs. He has made 7 female runners do sub-4 hours for the marathon, as well. He was inducted to the ‘Roll of Honour’  by the then College of Physical Education, organised by Singapore Olympic Academy, in 1998, for breaking the National record repeatedly 4 times, till he did 2hr 24min 22sec).

He also has a Coaching group and he trains them on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7pm at Botanic Gardens. Those interested can call him at 91004369 for coaching assistance, to improve performance. There is also personal training that he does for many in a week. You can e-mail him at swift.rameshon@gmail.com.