Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Vegetarian Shops In Singapore - Loving Hut (Part 1)

Note:

If you are keen and have queries, please contact Coach Rameshon at 9100 4369 or you can email him at m.rameshon@gmail.com or swift.rameshon@gmail.com. Please refer to website http://flexifitness.com.sg (for more information on him and his programmes)

By Rameshon
Bsc (Hons) Degree in Physical Education, Loughborough University (1992-1994)
Masters in Education (University of Western Australia, 2005-2008)

Vegetarian Shops - There are shops with good food



Today, I saw, Aaron, 22, whom I met last Sunday at Loving Heart at 229 Joo Chiat, after a run at MacRitchie Reservoir. He is a vegan and he likes running.

His fat level was found to be one of the lowest found in Singapore and he could go to a competitive type of running with a fat level of the body that is very low. He is one of the fittest and healthiest person that I have seen in Singapore, except that he needs to work on some areas of the body. Currently, it is left to him to train, that's all in order to do well in running. I found that he was having very low mileage in his training. He should take advantage of his vegan diet.
 
It was good to hear of his body composition. I have seen some with very good running training but they have not improved in running and the improvement is marginal. Hence, it is good to look for indicators of the body to improve in running. Running is not just training, training and more training. There are other things that will enable one to do well in running. 

My advice to Aaron is to now do the real training by increasing the volume in running from 20km. 

Another thing that one has to learn is that it is good to know that a vegan or a vegetarian diet is as good, or better, as a non-vegan/vegetarian diet to do well in running. Of course, it is important to eat a well-balanced meal filled adequate minerals and vitamins. 

Hence, I would like many to divert their attention to vegan/vegetarian shops found in Singapore. This is to inform my blog readers that they are many shops available and that there is nothing short. 

All the while, about 2 years back, I have been thinking of doing a write up on as many vegetarian shops found in Singapore. This is to link many to vegan/vegetarian shops. This has been my past desire as well to do this service.

In the past, I have noticed that one of the primary reason people to not consume vegetarian food is because of the difficulty to find food. I feel that they have a valid reason. As far as I am concerned, my job now is to enable them to explore more shops in Singapore and mention some locations. There are websites as well and I will list out one such http://www.hungryangmo.com/

Loving Hut - Vegan shop for all

One such shop that I would like to promote to all running enthusiast is Loving Hut. One of the runners of Team V by the name of Chin Peng, 51, who has body age of 42, according to the fat scan told me that this restaurant is part of the Global chain of restaurants to promote a vegan diet. 

Chin Peng told me that anyone can eat as there is no meat, fish, egg etc found in the diet. As I had the food there last Sunday, I found it very tasty to eat.  Chin Peng, who is also one of the directors there, told me that they have Asian and Western food.

As for Western food, there is also salad found, apart from other western food as well. As for Asian food, Peranakan food, Indian and Chinese food are available there. Fruit juices of various kinds are found there.

One day, I will be writing a review so that many are aware of what food to eat when they go to Loving Hut for lunch or for dinner.

I was told that this shop is run by a group of managers and they open from 11am to 9 30pm on all weekdays and weekends, even public holidays. Loving Hut is not just a restaurant. It is also a catering shop. Worldwide, Chin Peng told me that there are about 200 shops.

 

In Singapore, I was told that they have only one Loving Hut branch at 229 Joo Chiat. It will be good for one to venture oneself or with their family members to eat at this shop for lunch or dinner. 

 
 
In my subsequent blog post, I will start writing about other shops in Singapore 



Note:

By Narayanan
Rameshon has taught in Hwa Chong Institution, plus several schools, and Republic Polytechnic as well. He has won many accolades and he was awarded Merit Award for 1991 marathon performance in breaking the national record of Singapore, at that time. He has made 22 male athletes do a marathon in sub-3hrs. He has made 7 female runners do sub-4 hours for the marathon, as well. He was inducted to the ‘Roll of Honour’  by the then College of Physical Education, organised by Singapore Olympic Academy, in 1998, for breaking the National record repeatedly 4 times, till he did 2hr 24min 22sec).

He also has a Coaching group and he trains them on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7pm at Botanic Gardens. Those interested can call him at 91004369 for coaching assistance, to improve performance. There is also personal training that he does for many in a week. You can e-mail him at swift.rameshon@gmail.com.