Sunday, May 25, 2014

Moses Ng - Massive 103 pounds weight loss And His Incredible 1hr 26min in 2013 SAFRA ARMY HALF Marathon Race

Note:

If you are keen and have queries, please contact Coach Rameshon at 9100 4369 or you can email him at m.rameshon@gmail.com or swift.rameshon@gmail.com. Please refer to website http://flexifitness.com.sg (for more information on him and his programmes)

By Marcel Sng

Moses Ng - Man With An Iron Will And Determination

Picture 1 - Moses Ng, at 104kg, with his daughter by his side



Moses Ng's ability to bring his weight from 104kg in 2000, down to 64kg, by Feb 2013 is an amazing story.


When he first met Coach Rameshon, Coach was impressed with the massive weight loss by Moses Ng. Moses has been doing his best to reach near 3hrs, or if possible, sub-3hrs in a marathon. After training with us, his weight continued to go down significantly to 57kg using Flexifitness training methods. Moses brought his 10km time trial timing from 44 min down to near 40 min flat within some month of training, and he attributes this success to weight loss. I myself have seen Moses as a very committed runner and he takes running as a passion. Moses loves to talk about running for hours and still will not find talking about running boring. He is a good role model as well and does not brag about his feat.

Coach Rameshon once said that if Moses uses his iron determination to bring down his weight from 104kg to 64kg, it is possible for him to do a sub-3hr marathon.

The challenge is that once a person hits 40, one must take proper care not to get themselves injured. Coach Rameshon told me that from 40 to 45, many will start to have sensation or pain.  Even if it doesn't take place now, it will come later. Preventive measures like running with a structured programme, yoga, seeing a physiologist, sports massage, Ayurveda therapy, chiropractic and stretching may delay the onset of getting injury when we age.

Moses has not only succeeded in his quest to lose weight, but he also has done a respectable time of 1hr 26min in the SAFRA Half-Marathon 2013 and he has done a marathon time of 3hr 17min for KL Marathon 2013.

I post this blog to all so that they can benefit from his wisdom in bringing the weight down significantly.

An Interview With Moses Ng.

Picture 2 - Moses Ng, now much slimmer than this past

















1. What was your highest weight ever (and when)?  How did you and your family feel about your weight?

I was heaviest at 104kg in 2000. During then, my wife was also obese like me but not as fat.

2. What made you lose weight?

When I was obese, I was falling sick very often and also constantly had a backache. Climbing up the stairs was a struggle, always. So in 2000, it suddenly dawned on me that I should take control of my own health before I turned age 40.

3. Any inspiration or inspiring figures helped you?

The person who inspired me most to lose weight was my wife, Jessie. As I already had decided to lose weight, my wife on her part also embarked on a weight loss program which involves using your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) as a tool to weight loss. I learnt the most from her about weight loss during this period.

4. How did you attain the weight of 57kg?

Before I joined Team Flexifitness, my weight was already down to 64kg and it stayed stagnant at 64kg. It is only after I joined Team Flexifitness that it went down to 57kg. Most of my weight loss came from choosing my diet properly taking more fruits. My weight loss came from training as well. 

5. What is your best time for Half-Marathon and Marathon?

My best time for half marathon was achieved last year in Army Half Marathon with a timing of 01hr 26min and my best time for the full marathon was also achieved last year at Kuala Lumpur Marathon with a timing of 03:17:05.

6. How did you achieve these timings?

I achieved these timings with guidance and help from Coach Rameshon and his team of Coaches. 

7. Lastly, What are your long- term goals?

My long term goal is to bring my weight down to 54kg by losing more 

body fat and do a below 3-hour marathon in Singapore, within 3 years.




Note:

By Narayanan
Rameshon has taught in Hwa Chong Institution, plus several schools, and Republic Polytechnic as well. He has won many accolades and he was awarded Merit Award for 1991 marathon performance in breaking the national record of Singapore, at that time. He has made 22 male athletes do a marathon in sub-3hrs. He has made 7 female runners do sub-4 hours for the marathon, as well. He was inducted to the ‘Roll of Honour’  by the then College of Physical Education, organised by Singapore Olympic Academy, in 1998, for breaking the National record repeatedly 4 times, till he did 2hr 24min 22sec).


He also has a Coaching group and he trains them on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7pm at Botanic Gardens. Those interested can call him at 91004369 for coaching assistance, to improve performance. There is also personal training that he does for many in a week. You can e-mail him at swift.rameshon@gmail.com.