Saturday, June 23, 2012

Tarandeep and Mum, Lakhvinder Kaur, Get Fourth For Sculpt Run 6km Team Event

Note:

If you are keen and have queries, please contact Coach Rameshon at 9100 4369 or you can email him at m.rameshon@gmail.com or swift.rameshon@gmail.com. Please refer to website http://flexifitness.com.sg (for more information on him and his programmes)

By Rameshon
Bsc (Hons) Degree in Physical Education, Loughborough University (1992-1994)
Masters in Education (University of Western Australia, 2005-2008)

Tarandeep (28 min plus) and Mum Lakhvinder Kaur Get Fourth For Sculpt Run 6km Team Event. 

Picture 1 - (Left to Right) Guest-of-Honour Pei Ling giving away the FORTH PRIZE to Tanrandeep and mum Lakhvinder.


Tarandeep told me 2 weeks ago that her mother and she will be running in the Sculpt Run 6km - Mum and Daughter team run. Her fellow mate Dawn Jacob did 49min for 6km and did a personal best time bettering the 56min in the past.

The race took place today. I called her up today and later decided to give her an interview.

An Interview With Tarandeep

How was the race preparation?
I was improving all the while until these last two weeks. I was under stress as I did not have enough time for rest etc. Just before the race, I felt that my muscles were tensing up?

Are you happy with the race result?
I came in third in Women Open race unofficially. In mother and daughter event, I came in 4th, and this came as a surprise. 

How did your mother and you fair in the race?
I did 28min plus while my mother did 36min plus. We faired well as I could see my mother speeding when I told her that I was third in the women open category. She really started to overtake many at the last portion of the race. It was great to see her being resilient in the last part of the race.

Are you happy with the organisation of the race?
Yes, it was organised well and there water points too. 

Will you come back for this race next year?
No, I don't think so as I would like to take part in 10km and above rather than 6km as I like to prepare for the half-marathons and full marathons.  

Can you tell us about the details of the race?
I was leading the women open race for the first two km and I was overtaken by one lady, looking young. Then, later on, I was overtaken again by another runner and I was third. At the 4th km mark, I was the fourth position. At around the 4.5km mark, I fought back and got into the third position again. Eventually, I ended third. I could have done better if I had run a conservative race right from the start rather than leading as I ran out too fast and got tired out at the last part of the race.

I will like to thank those cheering for me during the race plus team-mate in training Ashley Liew in wanting me to do well in the race. 



Note:

By Narayanan

Rameshon has taught in Hwa Chong Institution, plus several schools, and Republic Polytechnic as well. He has won many accolades and he was awarded Merit Award for 1991 marathon performance in breaking the national record of Singapore, at that time. He has made 22 male athletes do a marathon in sub-3hrs. He has made 7 female runners do sub-4 hours for the marathon, as well. He was inducted to the ‘Roll of Honour’  by the then College of Physical Education, organised by Singapore Olympic Academy, in 1998, for breaking the National record repeatedly 4 times, till he did 2hr 24min 22sec).

He also has a Coaching group and he trains them on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7pm at Botanic Gardens. Those interested can call him at 91004369 for coaching assistance, to improve performance. There is also personal training that he does for many in a week. You can e-mail him at swift.rameshon@gmail.com.