Saturday, February 19, 2011

Arjun Prasad - 2hr 24min 16sec Running Hong Kong Marathon

Note:

If you are keen and have queries, please contact Coach Rameshon at 9100 4369 or you can email him at m.rameshon@gmail.com or swift.rameshon@gmail.com. Please refer to website http://flexifitness.com.sg (for more information on him and his programmes)

By Rameshon
Bsc (Hons) Degree in Physical Education, Loughborough University (1992-1994)
Masters in Education (University of Western Australia, 2005-2008)

Arjun Prasad - Personal Best Time for the marathon is 2hr 24min 16sec.

Picture 1 - On the left is Arjun Prasad from Nepal












I met Arjun Prasad, Nepalese, when he kept asking me on the route where at 22km there is a constant downslope of 1.6km. The Moroccon consisting of male runner Moudouji Hammou (2hr 14min) and female runner by the name of Samira Raif (2hr 26min). Both runners told me that the earlier mentioned time was their personal best.

Right now, they are 10mins off the personal best time. Having asked about the route orientation, they told me that they found the route very tough and told me that it was advisable not to expect much. After going through several up slopes and down slopes of the highway, the route briefing official told us that even at the last 5km there are several hills left. Only at the last 2km, one is spared of the hills and the route is generally flat.

After that Arjun, asked me on my time and I told him my time. He immediately told me that we both have similar best timings. I told that I would interview him on his goals in the Hong Kong marathon 2011 and he gladly accepted it.


An Interview With Arjun Prasad From Nepal

What is your personal best time for the marathon?
2hr 24min 16sec.  

Can you tell us on your timing for half-marathon?
My best time for the half marathon is 1hr 09min and 02sec.

What about the shorter distances?
For 5km, I have a personal best time of 15min 07sec and 10km, a time of 31min 02sec.

Who is your coach?
Susil Narasingh Rana.

What is your personal best time in Nepal?
It is 2hr 32min 36sec, I was the best local runner and it was done in 2010.

Are you married?
Yes, with 2 daughters. I was married 10 years ago. We are an extended family.

What is your age now?
My age is 36.

Have you taken part in major games?
I ran in the Doha Asian Games, Qatar, 2006, although I did not do well in it.


Note:

By Narayanan
Rameshon has taught in Hwa Chong Institution, plus several schools, and Republic Polytechnic as well. He has won many accolades and he was awarded Merit Award for 1991 marathon performance in breaking the national record of Singapore, at that time. He has made 22 male athletes do a marathon in sub-3hrs. He has made 7 female runners do sub-4 hours for the marathon, as well. He was inducted to the ‘Roll of Honour’  by the then College of Physical Education, organised by Singapore Olympic Academy, in 1998, for breaking the National record repeatedly 4 times, till he did 2hr 24min 22sec).


He also has a Coaching group and he trains them on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7pm at Botanic Gardens. Those interested can call him at 91004369 for coaching assistance, to improve performance. There is also personal training that he does for many in a week. You can e-mail him at swift.rameshon@gmail.com.