Saturday, April 17, 2010

C Division - M. Maran, Lian Ruimin and Xu Yao Zhi and Chen Fuchun,Lin Xiao Kang

Note:

If you are keen and have queries, please contact Coach Rameshon at 9100 4369 or you can email him at m.rameshon@gmail.com or swift.rameshon@gmail.com. Please refer to website http://flexifitness.com.sg (for more information on him and his programmes)


By Rameshon
Bsc (Hons) Degree in Physical Education, Loughborough University (1992-1994)
Masters in Education (University of Western Australia, 2005-2008)

18/ 04/2010

Today I will be doing 4 sets of conditioning exercises (strength). I realised that I am able to keep doing this form of exercise as I am getting fitter now.

I am also trying to finish the Roll of Honour for C Div before going on to B Div ones. The good thing yesterday was I was able to update and complete my writing on George Gandy and my coach Alan Guilder.

Anyway, today, my topic on the Roll of Honour of the Nat Sch Cross Country will cover on M. Maran, the Assumption Sec athlete. Special mention will be given when I discuss on his achievements as a B Division champion etc and his steeplechase timing of 9 min 13 sec held in Kuala Lumpur Asian Track and Field meet. M. Maran nearly broke the 1500m national Record of Serjit Singh in the early 1990s as a youngster. He missed the time by just a whisker of 1 sec. Anyway, his record in steeplechase has been around for nearly two decades. After covering I will discuss on Lian Ruimin and I will also cover on Xu Yaozhi, one of the Chines High Boy who ran and made Chinese High proud. I will be discussing on Chen Fuchun before I mention about one great runner Lin Xiao Kang was.

Today, if I have the time, I will also try to write on some of the most memorable races where I had to challenge the top athletes of Singapore who are right now the under 20 and Men Open nat record holders still.

It was good that Jeffrey responded to my questions.


Note:

By Narayanan
Rameshon has taught in Hwa Chong Institution, plus several schools, and Republic Polytechnic as well. He has won many accolades and he was awarded Merit Award for 1991 marathon performance in breaking the national record of Singapore, at that time. He has made 22 male athletes to do marathon in sub-3hrs. He has made 7 female runners to do sub-4 hours for marathon, as well. He was inducted to the ‘Roll of Honour’  by the then College of Physical Education, organised by Singapore Olympic Academy, in 1998, for breaking the National record repeatedly 4 times, till he did 2hr 24min 22sec).

He also has a Coaching group and he trains them on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7pm at Botanic Gardens. Those interested can call him at 91004369 for coaching assistance, to improve performance. There is also personal training that he does for many in a week. You can e-mail him at swift.rameshon@gmail.com.