Friday, July 20, 2012

Christian Stauffer - 12:40min in Switzerland Ironman Challenge 2012

Note:

If you are keen and have queries, please contact Coach Rameshon at 9100 4369 or you can email him at m.rameshon@gmail.com or swift.rameshon@gmail.com. Please refer to website http://flexifitness.com.sg (for more information on him and his programmes)

By M.Rameshon
Bsc (Hons) Degree in Physical Education, Loughborough University (1992-1994)
Masters in Education (University of Western Australia, 2005-2008)

Christain Stauffer - 12hr 40min ( unofficial time) in Switzerland Ironman Challenge 2012

Picture 1 - Christian Stauffer on the run

Having interviewed Christian last week for Switzerland Ironman Challenge, I managed to finally get him recently to discuss on his completion of the Ironman Challenge. He gave me the answers asap. I also find that it will be interesting to go with Christian and Johnson Jacob for the upcoming 250km Sahara Desert Challenge, probably next year. Our target is to do a personal best time. I am awaiting the training sessions with these two gentlemen.

An Interview With Christian Stauffer

Picture 2 -  With  former world record holder for 800m Wilson  Kipketer and son Louis

 
 
How was the weather before the race?
Quite bad. The last 3 days it was mostly rain/wind and cold (the weather was 8-9degrees during the bike)

How did you fair for the Ironman Challenge?
Considering the conditions I felt that I did better than expected. The weather was just terrible with the wind blowing me off the bike and even going through an experience of having 20 minutes of hail storm...

Are you happy with the timing?
I am waiting my final confirmation on my time, as I had a problem with the timing chip. Nevertheless, I believe that it is 12h40' or around that time and I am happy.

Can you share with us on the splits on swimming (distance and time), and for cycling and running as well.?
Swim 3.8km 1h16'
Bike 180km 6h53'
Run 42.2km 4h16'

How was the organisation of the race?
It was good. But a lot of competitors and many races were held on the same weekend, there.

How did your children perform in the race?
Charles had a great race the day before for his first sprint distance in the 16-19 age group category and he came 2nd in the 16-17 age group category and he emerged 4th overall boy as well.

Louis and Eva did the Ironteens which is combined with an aquathlon 150m swim and 1250m run. I am not sure what the result. But in any case, I felt that they enjoyed the race in the cold and completing it.

Are you happy with the timing?
I am happy to see them giving their maximum effort and to see that they enjoyed the experience.

What is your next goal?
Well, I need to fix my hip problem first, as it is starting to annoy me. Otherwise likely to be Atacama 2013. I am also considering doing Sahara Desert 250km Challenge with you and Johnson Jacob, as a team :))

www.runningcoachsg.com


Note:

By Narayanan
Rameshon has taught in Hwa Chong Institution, plus several schools, and Republic Polytechnic as well. He has won many accolades and he was awarded Merit Award for 1991 marathon performance in breaking the national record of Singapore, at that time. He has made 22 male athletes do a marathon in sub-3hrs. He has made 7 female runners do sub-4 hours for the marathon, as well. He was inducted to the ‘Roll of Honour’  by the then College of Physical Education, organised by Singapore Olympic Academy, in 1998, for breaking the National record repeatedly 4 times, till he did 2hr 24min 22sec).

He also has a Coaching group and he trains them on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7pm at Botanic Gardens. Those interested can call him at 91004369 for coaching assistance, to improve performance. There is also personal training that he does for many in a week. You can e-mail him at swift.rameshon@gmail.com.